The San Luis Valley Area Health Education Center (SLV AHEC) is seeking a Nurse for the position of Health Program Manager.
Duties will include:
- Working with the SLV AHEC Nurse Coordinator to oversee opioid use disorder/substance use disorder programming, including assisting with the SLV Health Access Risk Reduction Project (SHARRP), which is Colorado’s first rural comprehensive harm reduction program;
- Supervising caseworkers/advocates who are working with individuals with opioid use disorder;
- Working with local healthcare systems and other partners to develop and coordinate educational opportunities and other supports to healthcare providers;
- Coordinating and developing health education and community health programs designed for the general public;
- Assisting with various healthcare workforce development initiatives, which may include acting as a preceptor for nursing students, helping students navigate the local healthcare environment, assisting with the Nightingale program to honor nurses and other workforce retainment initiatives, and so on;
- Public relations and outreach; and
- Administrative duties related to health programs, such as data management and tracking, report writing, assistance with budget creation tracking, and occasional assistance with grant proposals.
- Registered Nurse, with a baccalaureate degree or higher preferred;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Some experience in supervisory roles highly preferred;
- Basic computer skills required (email, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.); and
- The ability to creatively independently identify problems and to develop solutions.
Position will be full-time (approximately 32 hours per week), with health insurance, company retirement contributions, paid time off, and a flexible schedule. Salary negotiable, expected to be in the low- to mid- $40s.
How to apply:
Please send resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline November 30, 2019. Position expected to start in early January.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.